Monday, October 8, 2012

For All Who Sleep In This Happy Place, Welcome!

Dear Baby Pitzer,
Let me begin by saying that your father and I are huge advocates of thinking for one's self and making one's own decisions. As you grow, and it is appropriate, we plan on providing you the freedom and the room to do so, trusting that we have done our part.
But for now, we are pretty sure that you don't care about the decor of your room- so we decorated it for us, all of us really. We hope that you love Disney as much as we do someday.
It was supposed to be just a few accent pieces to add to the room to begin with, but I think it's safe to say you have a full on classic Mickey themed nursery.

The inspiration behind the room! We bought this Mickey back in February when we were in Disney World. If you look closely, he is all knitted. So cute! Also, you will notice a hand-knitted blanket given to you by Mike and Norma Smith (Georgia grandparents!) The rocker was used by your Aunt Jocelyn with your cousins Brenna and Keira. I'm so thankful to have it, but would love to find an cozy upholstered chair someday so we can snuggle up and read together :)
 This is your crib! I love it because it converts into a twin sized bed! Most cribs convert to a full sized bed, but if your dad and I can sleep in a twin bed into our twenties so  can you! Plus you will have more space in your room. We framed a reproduction of a vintage Steamboat Willie poster for you. It is giant- but pretty awesome. In your crib is an incredible handmade mobile by Nancy and Karen. We still have to get that hung up.


 A couple of knick-knacks for the walls: my original Disney ears from my first visit to Disneyland, cute little vintage Mickey and Donald figures, empty picture frames (for now), and blocks that someday soon will reveal your name! (Whenever we know what your name is!!!)
 We have a couple more reproductions of vintage Mickey cartoon posters on the other wall (not giant sized)


 This is a collector's item I scored on ebay- a 1958 map of Disneyland. I LOVE maps!
 Your dresser :) You can see you already have quite the collection of books. At one shower, instead of giving cards everyone gave you a book! How fun! If you look closely, you will see your awesome lamp! It was another ebay score! Mickey talks when you turn the lamp on and off. Your dad and I love it and play with it a lot. It also has a switch to turn the sound off. Brilliant.
I went a little crazy on ebay. I also found these adorable bookends. Love them!

So that's your room! I hope you like it! You're probably not going to sleep in there for quite a while, but it was so much fun decorating it! 

Love,
Your Disney-crazed mum

No comments: