Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Because Everything In Life Deserves a Soundtrack....Except Maybe Labor

Dear Baby Pitzer,
Your dad and I love music! You will find that music of all genres is usually being played through multiple speakers all connected wirelessly throughout our home on a regular basis. We are notorious for creating playlists for various life events. Your birth is no exception.
Now I have to be honest, there is a part of me that wishes birth/labor was more like an athletic event, like a marathon or something-something that makes me want to get all amped and motivated with some great tunes, but alas, it is not. From all of my classes, reading, and education it seems to me that relaxation is key. (I probably should have used my yoga video more- and never on 2x speed). What can I say? I like high energy. I've even read that getting all worked up and excited can delay labor and slow it down. Bummer.
So will I have a playlist for labor? No. I will have some music handy if I feel the urge, but I'm betting this girl won't be into music at all for this event.
However, I still created a playlist for you!!! We can consider it kind of like a "pre-party" playlist because I am 100% I won't want to hear "Push It"when it's business time. In the meantime, I am enjoying the excitement and anticipation of your impending arrival with the following songs (with links for your visual and auditory pleasure):

1. Baby- Justin Bieber
2. Baby Love- The Supremes
3. Push It- Salt n' Pepa
4. Can't Take My Eyes off of You- Frankie Valli
5. Let's Get It Started- Black Eyed Peas
6. Here Comes the Sun- George Harrison
7. Baby Baby Baby- TLC
8. You Are the Sunshine of My Life- Stevie Wonder
9. Haven't Met You Yet- Michael Buble
10. Sweet Child of Mine- Guns n' Roses
11. Beautiful Boy- John Lennon
12. Stronger - Kanye West
13. Baby Mine from Dumbo
14. La La Lu- form Lady and the Tramp
15. Let's Hear it for the Boy- Deniece Williams
16. I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
17. Hey Baby- No Doubt
18. Doing it all for My Baby- Huey Lewis and the News
19. Oh Boy - Buddy Holly
20. The Final Countdown-Europe
21. I'm Coming Out- Diana Ross

Can't wait to meet you buddy!
Love,
Mummy


No comments: