Tuesday, October 2, 2012

On the Topic of Pregnancy....

Dear Baby Pitzer, So I must take the time to celebrate how incredibly amazing you already are. You are making this pregnancy thing a piece of cake!! Let's take a minute to review some highlights: 1st Trimester: Tired? No way! Morning sickness? Not an ounce! How considerate of you so early on in your life! In fact, you and I champed it out in Disney World for a few days back in February...and you know how we do Disney (maybe you don't)...we're talking 12+ hours in the park- open to close style. Your dad and I can't wait to take you to Disney World again! Another fun first trimester trip was camping/hiking/biking at Cumberland Island. I'd say we did 15-20 miles of biking and several hikes within a 2 day period. Cumberland is now one of my favorite places in Georgia. You'll have to get back there someday, too. Pure gorgeousness. Food Cravings/Aversions/Smell Sensitivity Stuff: No negative experiences with food or smell at all. The only thing I have experienced during the last nine months is a desperate need to drink water and lots of it. John and I have decided it's because your his son. Your dad ALWAYS carries his water bottle with him-and he drinks excessive quantities of water (quite a healthy habit, I'd say). Weight gain: Textbook. Praise God! (Let's face it...all women have to be a little fearful of what this looks like). I think I've managed to balance healthy weight gain and form a cute belly at the same time. Bless you child! As we are wrapping up the last few weeks of this journey, let's discuss the issue of sleep. Thank you, dear child, for continuing to make it comfortable and easy to sleep each night. This may be because of your amazingness, it could be a gift from the Lord, perhaps it's the fact that your dad and I are part of the .05% of people who still sleep in a waterbed (king sized! Holla!) or some combination of all three, but it is glorious. Perhaps you will be just like me- an excellent sleeper, no matter the circumstance. (Please God. Amen.) Overall, being pregnant with you has been a dream come true. Even if I would had all those yucky pregnancy symptoms, I'm sure I still would have been overjoyed, but the ease of this experience has been the icing on the cake. Now keep up the good work and let's have labor be just as uncomplicated and manageable as your gestation. Love you to pieces already, Mummy (I've already got my Halloween costume figured out...can you guess?)

No comments: